See the ads?? Now check out the story which started in CANADA!!
On any given day, Canadians will see hundreds, if not thousands of ads trying to sell something. But two Canadian businessmen have an ad campaign that isn’t trying to sell you anything at all. Instead they are trying to inspire a movement. A movement they call “people for good”, promoting good deeds and trying to get people to commit random acts of kindness. The unique campaign advertises on billboards, in newspapers, and on the radio and TV across the country in hopes to inspire others and to restore faith in humanity.
16x9 met up with Zak Mroueh and Mark Sherman to find out just how easy….or not… it is to get strangers to commit a random act of kindness.
Read it on Global News: Global News | Good News
Read more with the Globe and Mail and check out the commercials...
Check out the commercials...
This is a completely different ad from ebay... but I like the message...
See if you can name 10 "good things" that people did in the commercial...
Check out the website...
Someone who likes to blog with a great message...
QUESTIONS TO PONDER...
1. Why did the creators of this movement come up with this idea?
2. Why do you suppose that they wanted to help change the world with this concept?
3. Everyone who helps out with the movement does it for free... Why is this so important to the message? Why would people be motivated to do so?
4. Why does it make a difference that 2 advertising executives are the ones to start and spread the word?
5. Why do you think that the movement is catching on around the world?
6. How is our Jerry Goebel, "Intentional Courtesy" program connected to this movement (Jerry Goebel came up with the idea YEARS ago... )?
CLASSROOM SERVICE PROJECT... BECOMING REALLY GOOD...AND NOT JUST BECAUSE SANTA IS WATCHING!!!!
How can we spread intentional courtesy around our school (especially with the middle and senior grades)? How can we take the peopleforgood campaign ideas and use them at a school level... What can we do to help spread "goodness"?
OUR NEXT PROJECT IN RELIGION... ACTIVISTS WHO HAVE FOLLOWED IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS (EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T CATHOLIC).
Start looking up activists who have made our world a better place... they don't have to be Catholic (obviously... I'm just stating that because this will be a religion project). Who has inspired thousands? Millions? When did they live? What was their cause? What did they do to make life better for others? Who would you like to research?? Mother Teresa? Gandhi? Martin Luther King Jr. ? Craig Kielburger? Rosa Parks? Terry Fox? Who would you like to research and present a short powerpoint or PREZI presentation on?? Start thinking about it...
Check out this video which features a lecture by the Dalai Lama at the 3rd Annual Mother Teresa Lecture... This demonstrates it's not all about religion... but about good people working together to live a life of compassion.