Viewing Questions... Copy and paste these questions into word and answer prior to watching the show. Be sure to familiarize yourself, and read over the questions before watching the show...
16:9 The Bigger Picture – “Life Behind the Yellow Line” Questions
1. Where did the story take place?
How long did the cameraman, Jarvis, follow the RCMP forensic team?
2. What time did the break in occur? (what time did the suspects crash through the door?)
3. What did the victim do? Was he in the house when the police “took down the suspects”?
4. What did the “bad guys” who committed the break and enter try to access?
5. What is the investigative officer’s job…
find the ______
_________ the ________
6. What does the investigator find in the yard?
Name 3 things.
7. What was found farther away in the yard in the snow?
8. How is every piece of evidence marked when found?
9. What do the investigators do when they find an item? Name 2 things investigators do.
10. What do the real officers do more than anything? (hint: What do investigators “take” lots of?)
11. a) How many forensic investigator cases did the cameraman of 16:9 follow? ________
b) For how long? ________
12. Does finger print , DNA and face recognition analysis happen within the same time frame as what’s on the tv show, CSI?
13. How long does it really take to get DNA back? _________ to __________ months.
14. Do finger prints really pop up on a computer screen with on-line matches?
15. What do the real officers do more than anything? (hint: What do investigators “take” lots of?)
16. What does a blood splatter analyst do?
17. a) If there was a crime that involves a head injury what would you see lots of?
b) If there isn’t very much blood, what has happened?
18. Briefly state in 4-5 points on what an investigator does to rebuild or reconstruct a skull, or what considerations they must make.
19. Describe what the blood splatter analyst does in the “blood room”. What does the investigator need to recreate the scene?
20. If a drop of blood is circular, what does this say about how the victim was struck?
21. What does “amino black”, a chemical that is sprayed, do to help investigators?
22. How is crazy glue and duct tape used in an investigation? What do these 2 common house -hold tools help investigators find?
23. How does the facial reconstructive artist bring dignity back to the man whose skull was found on the beach. Why is her work important?
Reflective Longer Answer…
24. How does the facial reconstrive artist bring dignity back to the man whose skull was found on the beach. Why is her work important?
25. What are other expectations or challenges of the job? What are the rewards of the job?
26. How has tv shows like CSI, create false expectations by the public for real police forensic officers? What do people need to be aware of?
27. Why do you think on the t.v. show, CSI, being an investigator is shown as being “cool” and “sexy”. How would you describe the reality of being a forensic investigator?